Making the Most of the CPSI Program
CPSI 2022 SCHEDULE:
The CPSI 2022 detailed schedule is available online.
There will NOT be a printed Program Guide available for you when you arrive on campus and check-in for the conference therefore the best way to make sure you have the most current information available is to check out our Sched app on your mobile device! Don’t miss critical session and room changes, or announcements about special events and programs.
Sched allows you to create a schedule for yourself by selecting sessions that are interesting to you (and reminding you to go to lunch!). Please note that saving sessions in Sched does not register you or reserve a space in any session; it is simply a planning tool.
Sunday, June 26
- 9:00 AM – Campus Tours (hourly)
- 2:00 PM – Connect with Yourself Yoga
- 3:30 PM – YouthWise Family Meeting for parents, children, and faculty
- 4:30 PM – Networking Event with Tollisha Joseph
- 7:30 PM – ConnecTrivia and Wine Tasting
Monday, June 27
- 8:30 AM – Homeroom for Creative Variety Track Participants
- 7:30 PM – CPSI Creative Opening and Keynote with Massimo Agostinelli
Tuesday, June 28
- 7:30 PM – Spotlight Sponsor Series
Wednesday, June 29
- 7:30 PM – CPS In The Community
Thursday, June 30
- 7:30 PM – CPSI Closing
MAIN TRACK PROGRAM
Your Main Track Program is your three-day experience where you choose ONE track and follow it on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday during the conference. See your Main Track selection using the link below.
SPARK CREATIVITY WORKSHOPS
On Thursday, June 30, all CPSI participants are invited to attend a Spark Creativity Workshop. These workshops offer you the opportunity to dive into one creativity topic for the day, which will “tickle your imagination” to prepare you for what’s to come throughout the rest of the CPSI week!
Please note that pre-registration is required for Spark Creativity Workshops. You may check out and modify your Spark selection using the links below.
OPEN BREAKOUT SESSIONS
There are three times during the conference when all attendees may choose an Open Breakout session to attend. These are 90-minute workshops focusing on specific tools, approaches, and methodologies related to the world of deliberate creativity and Creative Problem Solving. All Breakout sessions are open seating and are first-come-first-served.
To Update Your Registration or Select/Update Your Spark Workshop or Main Track:
Log In Here and use the username and password found in your CPSI registration confirmation email.
Packing and Arriving
CPSI VENUE – AND HOW TO GET THERE:
Here is information for getting to Niagara University, Lewiston, New York. NOTE: Buffalo now offers both Uber and Lyft services.
- The address for the university is: 5795 Lewiston Rd, Niagara University, NY 14109
- PARKING is available in the O’SHEA LOT, on University Drive, next to the basketball courst and across from Timon Hall. Parking pass permits are suspended and not required during CPSI 2022. Look for CPSI signs to help mark O’Shea Lot.
WHEN TO ARRIVE:
Here is the CPSI 2022 detailed agenda.
- Registration opens at 8:00 AM on Sunday, June 26. We recommend joining a campus tour to learn about this wonderful new venue and start meeting your new CPSI friends! Campus tours will start at 9:00 AM and there will be a networking event at 4:30 PM.
- Your full-week registration meals start with lunch on Sunday and end with breakfast on Friday, July 1. (If you are only coming for the one-day Spark Workshop on Thursday, your registration includes three meals that day.)
WHEN YOU ARRIVE – REGISTRATION AND HOUSING:
- Please come to the CPSI Registration Desk at Gallagher Center to check-in. There will be ample signage and plenty of helpful volunteer Wings to help you find your way. You will receive your nametag, a conference bag, and other important materials. The CPSI Registration Desk is open 8:00 AM-8:00 PM Sunday, and 7:30-9:00 AM Monday. If you are staying on campus, you will then be directed to the Niagara University Residence Desk in Gallagher Center to check into your room.
- If you arrive before CPSI Registration opens at 8:00 AM on Sunday, June 26, please go directly to the Campus Security to check into your housing (you cannot check in to your housing before your paid housing reservation date).
ARRIVING AFTER MIDNIGHT:
We know that some circumstances may mean that you arrive late in the evening – but you can still get into your room then!
- The Campus Security office is open 24 hours. If you arrive after midnight, go to Campus Security and the staff on duty will check you in so that you can access your room.
- If you are trying to reach campus security, please call +1-716-286-8111 for the non-emergency line.
WHAT TO BRING TO CPSI:
Every day is “casual day” at CPSI! We encourage an atmosphere of comfortable informality – so save your business attire for other conferences.
- Be prepared for cool to hot – so layers, a sweater or jacket, etc. Buffalo has been experiencing a cool, wet Spring, but summer temperatures may arrive for CPSI.
- The campus is laid out in such a way that you will spend at least a little time out of doors everyday, even just walking to meals and classrooms. So bring an umbrella or rain gear – just in case.
- Classrooms and Campus Apartment sleeping rooms are air conditioned, sometimes VERY air conditioned, so that sweater will come in handy.
- You’ll be walking between buildings, so wear comfortable shoes.
- Each bed will have sheets, two blankets, one pillow, one towel, and a washcloth; plus, each room has a dresser, closet, and desk.
- You may want to bring other comforts from home that will enhance your stay such as a bigger pillow, hair dryer, or your favorite body wash.
- We recommend putting a few hangers in the bottom of your suitcase if you are staying on campus as closets in the dorm rooms are not stocked with hangers.
- Laundry is available in every apartment at no cost.
- Guest wifi is available on the campus.
- There is one clearly marked designated smoking/vaping area on campus near Gallagher Center.
MEALS AND SPECIAL DIETS:
- Your full-week registration includes all meals from lunch on Sunday, June 26, to breakfast on Friday, July 1.
- One-day registrants receive three meals on Thursday when they are on campus for the Spark workshop.
- The food services staff at NU will have allergen labels on all menus. If you have a food allergy or sensitivity, you will be able to easily identify foods you can eat by referencing the allergen labels which include common allergens sigh as gluten, dairy, shellfish, peanuts, and tree nuts among others. Vegetarian dishes will also be labeled.
Getting around Campus
BUILDING NAMES AND DEFINITIONS
Niagara University Campus is a lovely, traditional college campus and most CPSI activities take place in just a few buildings.
- Gallagher Center is the location of CPSI registration, the housing desk and registration, the CPSI Bookstore, and the CPSI information desk. It also boasts a Tim Hortons in case you need a caffeine fix.
- Russell J. Salvatore Dining Commons hosts both the Dining Commons for meals and the spacious Dining Addition for mainstage events. This is also where the Pub will be held each night. There is some outdoor seating available for mealtimes and during the Pub.
- Glynn Hall and the Academic Complex are the two buildings where all classrooms are located. These are across the street from one another and a short walk to both the CPSI Hub and the Dining Commons.
- The Castellani Art Museum is open to the public each day and will host a few special workshops.
- The Campus Apartments are a quick 10-minute walk from the rest of the CPSI buildings.
For our guests with limited mobility or limited time, please take advantage of our golf cart shuttle, which runs between the Campus Apartments, Dining Commons, and the Hub. Shuttles run regularly for breakfast and dinner beginning approximately 15 minutes before each mealtime begins and concluding approximately 15 minutes after the end of each mealtime.