DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JANUARY 4! Our presenters are our Leaders, and they are the heart and soul of CPSI. CPSI is a special conference in which Leaders and Presenters donate their time to support the mission work of CEF so that others might learn creative problem solving in a nurturing and supportive environment.
(Please see technical suggestions below before starting your proposal. You might also want to download this PDF of the complete proposal form to review what content we are asking for. Please only use the PDF for reference; do not complete and submit the PDF itself.)
We are currently accepting proposals that reflect cutting-edge topics and focus on trends in creativity, creative thinking, innovation, creative problem solving, and change leadership.
The CPSI 2017 theme is AMPLIFY. Please connect your proposed content to this theme.
Proposals must be submitted, along with a photo and brief bio, by January 4, 2017 (extended deadline).
Here are the types of programs sessions you can submit a proposal for:
|Spark Sessions: One-day sessions designed to ignite your thinking. These are 6-hour experiential workshops that run only on Wednesday, June 14. Core leaders may also submit for a Spark session.|
|Extending Workshops: These smorgasbord sessions are 1.5- and 2.5-hour concurrent workshops that are offered once between Thursday, June 15, and Sunday, June 18. Extending Workshops expand the CPSI experience with shorter sessions that cap the day’s work with inspiration and exploration.|
|Immersion Sessions: These 3-day deep dives into content related to creativity and innovation run from Thursday, June 15, through Saturday, June 17.|
|Core CPS Track: Core CPS classes include Springboard (Intro to CPS), Tools & Techniques, Facilitating CPS, Training CPS, and Integrating Creative Leadership. These 3-day (17 hour) CPS training sessions run from Thursday, June 15, through Saturday, June 17.
Prerequisites to Lead Core Track Programs:
|Educator Track: Designed for educators who want to bring creativity and creative thinking skills into the classroom. These 3-day (17 hour) sessions run from Thursday, June 15, through Saturday, June 17.|
The CPSI Program Team considers many factors when selecting sessions, including the CPSI program theme (AMPLIFY) and content, target audience, format, presenters, overall balance, new and repeated sessions, and similar sessions. The Review Committee is comprised of the CPSI Program Team, seasoned CPSI leaders, CEF board members and CEF staff.
Proposals are reviewed based on the following criteria:
|Fits CPSI Teaching Philosophy: Interactive learning and applied imagination, creative thinking and problem solving that can cover personal, professional, or global topics. We encourage organizational case-study session proposals from corporations, nonprofits, schools and universities.|
|Proposal Completion: All required fields must be completed and written in clear and concise language. Our Program Team reserves the right to edit proposals for clarity, content and brevity.|
|Relevant to the Creative Process: Your session should have an obvious connection with the creative process. This connection may also include aspects of the creative person (behavior), creative product (outcome), and creative place (environment).|
|Outcome Based: The learning objectives are clearly articulated.|
|Expertise: The presenter has documented knowledge, experience and expertise to lead the proposed session.|
|Previous Evaluations: Feedback from previous CPSI evaluations will be considered (where applicable) in determining the acceptance of proposals submitted. (Note: Workshop descriptions that do not match the workshop experience and workshops that do not provide an explicit takeaway (worksheet, access to the deck, etc.) often get lower evaluation scores from the participants.)|
|Logistical Support: Proposals that put extraordinary demands on CPSI logistics, AV or other resources are discouraged.|
1. DEADLINE: All proposals must be received by January 4, 2017.
2. You may submit up to 2 session proposals, either individually or as part of a team. If you are submitting more than one proposal, please be prepared to submit them both at the same time as part of the overall proposal submission process.
3. All submissions must include a presenter profile and photo to be considered.
PLEASE NOTE THESE TECHNICAL SUGGESTIONS:
- The Profile Bio and Session Description fields in the proposal form seem to be having an issue with “special characters,” such as quotation marks and apostrophes, etc. For the time being, please try to remove them from your text to hopefully avoid submission errors.
- Try to paste your text in a text pad first and then into the submission form to try and remove any “special characters.”
- Plan to start and finish your proposal within a short period of time so that the form does not time out before you submit it.
- You can also enter minimal information and then save your incomplete proposal to log back in to edit and complete it. You will receive a confirmation email with the log in link, using the password you set up during the proposal process.
We look forward to reviewing your proposals!
LEADER REGISTRATION RATES
The Creative Education Foundation recognizes the deep commitment made by its Leaders and Presenters to apply their extensive knowledge and experience to CPSI. Your expertise and registration fees ensure CPSI’s quality and CEF’s viability as a nonprofit organization. We acknowledge this commitment and show our appreciation through reduced Leader and Presenter registration fees, which include all meals (housing is a separate fee).
|Programs||Program Commitment Time at CPSI||Discounted Leader/Presenter Registration Rate|
|Extending Workshops||90 minutes, 2 hours||$900|
|Spark Sessions||5.5 hours||$750|
|Immersion Courses||17 hours||$550|
|Core CPS Courses*||17 hours||$550|
|Educator Courses||17 hours||$550|
* CPSI CORE COURSES: Springboard, Tools & Techniques, Facilitating CPS, Training CPS, and Integrating Creative Leadership.