CEF YouthWise: A creativity conference for kids and teens, aged 8 to 17 – AND their parents.
The Creative Problem Solving Institute (CPSI) is not just for adults. Make it a family affair! Bring your kids, your grandkids, your nieces and nephews, even your neighbor’s kids (remember to bring the neighbor, too!) – and share the gift of creativity with them. CEF YouthWise empowers young people to become the creative leaders of the future.
YOUTHWISE SCHEDULE AND FORMAT
YouthWise is a fun, highly experiential program that builds lifelong learning skills. Children make lasting friendships with other kids from around the world.
To accommodate parents taking a Spark Creativity Workshop on Wednesday, June 14, YouthWise offers a full program on Wednesday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. The age-specific programs on Thursday at 8:30 a.m. Most children will be starting Wednesday and the same price applies whether your child participates on Wednesday or not.
In addition, a YouthWise evening program is available for children to have supervised play and “hanging out time,” if parents wish to participate in any evening programming at CPSI.
YouthWise for 8 to 12 Year Olds Program
Younger kids will explore the excitement of creative thinking and the thrill of solving challenges in a highly experiential format. They will actively:
- Learn the foundation skills of the Creative Problem Solving process through games, songs and other fun techniques.
- Learn how to actively separate divergent and convergent thinking skills.
- Explore musical smarts with guest musicians.
- Express themselves through dramatic skits and improv.
- Create art – painting, modeling and more.
- Do kinesthetic exercises to focus their creativity.
- Model how to improve communication by using their various intelligences.
- Laugh, play, learn – AND have fun!.
YouthWise for Teens Program
Teens discover their own thinking style and work through the creative process from concept to prototype to polished solution presentation. In the YouthWise for Teens (ages 13 to 17) program, they will work together to:
- Discover their own thinking style preference, based on the FourSight thinking profile.
- Learn proven creativity and innovation techniques, as well as new tools and approaches.
- Frame challenges in broader ways to open up thinking.
- Refine their solutions by prototyping – building rough models using clay/paper or doing skits, etc.
- Polish their presentation skills.
- Present their final solution!
Empower your kids to become the creative leaders of the future. Register yourself AND your children now to be at CPSI 2017 so that you don’t ask yourself later, “Why didn’t I bring my whole family to CPSI?”!
(NOTE: The YouthWise registration and housing options are offered AFTER you complete your adult registration.)