The Creative Problem Solving Institute (CPSI) is a unique learning experience that takes place across nearly a week on a university campus. Most participants choose to stay on campus in the residence halls, which adds to the collegial, 24/7 experience of living and learning together around the shared desire to deepen one’s knowledge of and engagement with creativity.
“One of the best learning experiences I’ve ever had.”
– Frank Privette, Senior Brand Manager, Kimberly-Clark, Costa Rica
Throughout CPSI 2018 – from June 19 to 24 – you will have many opportunities for learning more about creativity in both short and in-depth experiential sessions, applying practical tools and skills for creativity and innovation, and networking with global creativity colleagues from diverse industries.
The structure of CPSI includes the following program types and choices:
|STRUCTURE OF CPSI 2018
|Choose ONE Spark Creativity Workshop for all-day Wednesday
|Choose ONE Main Track Program for Thursday to Saturday:
Springboard to Creative Problem Solving OR one Advanced Creative Problem Solving OR one Creativity Immersion OR Extending Track OR YouthWise (for ages 8 to 17)
Plus, experience the following:
|CPSI Opening Ceremony on Tuesday and Keynote||First-Timers Orientation on Tuesday||Night Flights||Optional Off-Site Excursions and Free Evening to Explore Buffalo on Friday||Breakout Sessions During the Week|
|Nearly All Meals Included||Convenient On-Campus Housing||Evening Music, Pub and Dancing||And much more!|
CPSI 2018’s Main Track creativity programs offer in-depth learning experiences about creativity, innovation and change. If this is your first time at CPSI, we recommend registering for the Springboard to Creative Problem Solving program as your Main Track selection.
Here are the main program elements and choices you will need to make when thinking about your CPSI experience during the registration process:
SPARK CREATIVITY WORKSHOPS
Spark Creativity Workshops are all-day sessions held on Wednesday, June 20, which aim to amplify your knowledge around creativity and innovation. You will select one Spark Creativity Workshop to participate.
MAIN TRACK PROGRAMS
From Thursday, June 21, to Saturday, June 23, you will experience an approximately 17-hour deep-dive experience in ONE course from the following tracks:
- Creative Problem Solving Program Track: This track develops deliberate creativity skills through CPS. There are courses for the beginner and the advanced CPS person. We recommend first-time participants at CPSI register for the Springboard to Creative Problem Solving program. Other program options in this CPS track include CPS Tools & Techniques, Facilitating CPS, and Training CPS.
- Creativity Immersion Track: This track is a deep-dive into creativity and innovation content. CPSI 2018 offers three Immersion options.
- Extending Track: This track covers a wide range of creativity topics in back-to-back shorter sessions during the main program day.
BREAKOUT SESSIONS AND NIGHT FLIGHTS
- Breakouts are shorter, concurrent sessions that are open to everyone and offered several times during the week. Breakout Sessions cover diverse topics on creativity, and are designed to expand the CPSI experience with shorter sessions that cap the day’s work with inspiration and exploration.
- Night Flights provide a continuation of the day’s Extending sessions in an unstructured and flexible series of evening programs. All CPSI participants – maybe including YOU – are encouraged to offer and participate in Night Flights.
Ready to ignite YOUR creativity skills?!
Mark your calendar, register now and plan to be at CPSI 2018!