The Creative Problem Solving Institute (CPSI) is a unique learning experience that takes place across nearly a week on a university campus. Most participants choose to stay on campus in the residence halls, which adds to the collegial, 24/7 experience of living and learning together around the shared desire to deepen one’s knowledge of and engagement with creativity.
“One of the best learning experiences I’ve ever had.”
– Frank Privette, Senior Brand Manager, Kimberly-Clark, Costa Rica
Throughout the six days of CPSI 2017 – from June 13 to 18 – you will have many opportunities for learning more about creativity in both short and in-depth experiential sessions, applying practical tools and skills for creativity and innovation, and networking with global creativity colleagues from diverse industries.
The structure of CPSI includes the following program types and choices:
|STRUCTURE OF CPSI 2017
JUNE 13-18, 2017
|Choose ONE Spark Creativity Workshop for all-day Wednesday
|Choose ONE Main Track Program for Thursday to Saturday:
Springboard to Creative Problem Solving OR one Advanced Creative Problem Solving OR Creativity Immersions OR Extending Track OR YouthWise (for ages 8 to 17)
Plus, experience the following:
|CPSI Opening Ceremony and Keynote on Tuesday, Plus Spotlight Sessions||First-Timers Orientation on Tuesday||Night Flights||Optional Off-Site Excursions and Free Evening to Explore Buffalo on Friday||Three Breakout Sessions between Thursday and Sunday|
|Nearly All Meals Included||Convenient On-Campus Housing||Evening Music, Pub and Dancing||And much more!|
|CPSI 2017 Schedule-at-a-Glance|
CPSI 2017 begins the afternoon of Tuesday, June 13, with lunch at 12:00 p.m., First-Timer Orientation at 4:30 p.m. and the Opening Ceremony and Keynote at 7:30 p.m. Programming continues on Wednesday morning, June 14 at 8:30 a.m. CPSI closes at 12 p.m. on Sunday, June 18.
CPSI 2017’s Main Track creativity programs offer in-depth learning experiences about creativity, innovation and change. If this is your first time at CPSI, we recommend registering for the Springboard to Creative Problem Solving program as your Main Track selection.
Here are the main program elements and choices you will need to make when thinking about your CPSI experience during the registration process:
SPARK CREATIVITY WORKSHOPS
Spark Creativity Workshops are all-day sessions held on Wednesday, June 14, which aim to amplify your knowledge around creativity and innovation. You will select one Spark Creativity Workshop to participate in from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
MAIN TRACK PROGRAMS
From Thursday, June 15, to Saturday, June 17, you will experience a 17-hour deep-dive experience in ONE course from the following tracks:
- Creative Problem Solving Program Track: This track develops deliberate creativity skills through CPS. There are courses for the beginner and the advanced CPS person. We recommend first-time participants at CPSI register for the Springboard to Creative Problem Solving program. Other program options in this track include CPS Tools & Techniques, Facilitating CPS, and Training CPS.
- Educator Track – Levels 1 and 2: This two-level track is designed for educators who want to build and integrate deliberate creativity and creative thinking skills with learners.
- Creativity Immersion Track: This track is a deep-dive into creativity and innovation content. CPSI 2017 offers three Immersion options.
- Extending Track: This track covers a wide range of creativity topics in back-to-back shorter sessions during the main program day.
BREAKOUT SESSIONS AND NIGHT FLIGHTS
- Breakouts are shorter, concurrent sessions that are offered three times between Thursday, June 15, and Sunday, June 18. Breakout Sessions cover diverse topics on creativity, and are designed to expand the CPSI experience with shorter sessions that cap the day’s work with inspiration and exploration. (Watch for a list of these sessions coming soon!)
- Night Flights provide a continuation of the day’s Extending sessions in an unstructured and flexible series of evening programs. All CPSI participants – maybe including YOU – are encouraged to offer and participate in Night Flights.
Ready to amplify YOUR creativity skills?!