Learning = A Creative Process: Are your teaching for creative thinking? At CPSI, creative education is what we do and how we do it. Discover how the learning environment and the creative process are crucial to teaching creativity skills to learners – in and out of the classroom.
EDUCATING FOR CREATIVITY – LEVEL 1
This course is designed specifically for people who want to bring creativity and creative thinking skills into their work with learners – educators, youth leaders, administrators, etc. It is a fast track to a deliberate creativity process that will help you transform your work. You’ll be introduced to the Creative Problem Solving (CPS) Process, along with recent brain research on teaching, learning and curriculum design. These tools will enhance your abilities to teach creative thinking skills and produce a more interactive, motivating learning environment.
Your experienced creative education facilitators will use hands-on activities, real-world examples, and a variety of divergent and convergent thinking tools to give you a thorough, working knowledge of the CPS model, and its applications to your educational setting.
In this course you will:
- Tap into your personal creativity so you can apply it in your lessons, meetings, projects, etc.
- Discover, explore and practice the CPS process.
- Practice applying creativity with learners.
- Adapt and design creativity experiences for the 21st century teaching environment through
observation, participation, and discussion.
WHAT PAST EDUCATOR TRACK PARTICIPANTS LIKED ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Practical take-aways Collaboration Teaching the steps of creativity Activities that facilitate mindfulness Lots of variety of activities Creative Problem Solving Process Tools Hands-on activities Gaining sense of community Team of facilitators, not just one Resources provided Time to work in groups and alone
EDUCATING FOR CREATIVITY – LEVEL 2
This advanced course is designed specifically for people working with kids in any capacity who want to deepen their understanding of how to bring creativity to life in their work with students. Based on developmental theory, you’ll learn ways to provide structure for freedom (designing lessons, giving directions, imagining outcomes, creating spaces), interventions (when to tighten, when to release, using small and large group dynamics), and how to know when to do what.
You’ll deepen your knowledge about the Creative Problem Solving (CPS) Process, creative education, basic design thinking skills, and recent research on curriculum design that will enhance your abilities to teach creative thinking skills.
Your experienced facilitators will use hands-on activities, real-world examples, and a variety of divergent and convergent thinking tools to give you a thorough, working knowledge of the CPS model and it’s applications in your educational setting.
In this course you will:
- Take an advanced deep dive into the CPS and design thinking processes.
- Discover accelerated practical applications of educating for creativity.
- Adapt and design creativity experiences for your own environment.
HOW THE EDUCATOR TRACK MET PAST PARTICIPANTS’ EXPECTATIONS:
- I knew the content but could not have moved to the next level without this practice.
- It informed both work and personal life. What a gift! A great balance in activities for all strengths.
- Through this course, I had vital conversations and necessary focus and guidance to develop my idea.
- I was worried about not being able to take home tangible results. I take that and more.
- I have more clarity on who I am as a person.
- Beyond my expectations!
- This course created the consciousness to further embrace the principles of creativity in my daily work and prepared me to lead change in my school.
- I learned lots of tools and activities, as well as developed a project I can take home and implement.